[wpe-webkit] WPE WebKit 2.23.90 released!
Adrian Perez de Castro
aperez at igalia.com
Thu Feb 21 10:07:04 PST 2019
WPE WebKit 2.23.90 is available for download at:
This is a development release leading toward 2.24 series.
What's new in the WPE WebKit 2.23.90 release?
- Add initial support for subprocess sandboxing in Linux.
- Add initial support for variation fonts.
- Add new API to convert a URI to a format for display.
- Add new API to handle user content filters.
- Add new permission request type for media device information.
- Add support for JPEG2000 images.
- Fix a UI process crash while filling selection data during drag and drop.
- Fix a web process deadlock when starting the remote inspector.
- Fix crashes when closing the WebDriver session.
- Fix deadlock on Linux/x64 between SamplingProfiler and VMTraps.
- Fix rendering artifacts in some websites with accelerated compositing enabled.
- Fix the build with OpenGL disabled.
- Remove experimental sandboxing support, it's not yet ready for stable release.
- Sleep disabler now inhibits idle when a "System" sleep disabler is requested.
- Fix several crashes and rendering issues.
What is WPE WebKit?
WPE WebKit is an embeddable port of the WebKit rendering engine.
Offering WebKit's full functionality through a set of GObject-based
APIs, it is suitable for projects requiring any kind of web
integration, from hybrid HTML/CSS applications to full-fledged web
If you want to know more about the project or get in touch with us
- Visit our website at https://wpewebkit.org, or the upstream
site at https://www.webkit.org. People interested in contributing
should read: https://www.webkit.org/coding/contributing.html.
- Browse the bug list at https://bugs.webkit.org, WPE WebKit bugs are
typically prefixed by "[WPE]." A bug report with a minimal,
reproducible test case is often just as valuable as a patch.
- Join the #webkit IRC channel at irc.freenode.net.
- Subscribe to the WPE WebKit mailing list,
https://lists.webkit.org/mailman/listinfo/webkit-wpe, or the
WebKit development mailing list,
Thanks to all the contributors who made possible this release, they
are far too many to list!
The WPE WebKit team,
February 21, 2019
More information about the webkit-wpe