[webkit-qt] how to shrink distribution, if possible?

Richard Gerd Kuesters richard at humantech.com.br
Sat Oct 26 15:17:15 PDT 2013

Thanks again Konstantin!

I think my best hope is based on what you
glimpsed while pondering about SVG support on Webkit: compiling Qt
submodules one by one, using the switches I might need and other that
don't - doing so in a extreme fast machine (SSD raid and so on) with
basic automatic functionality tests, could give me a very good result in
a couple of days (using config parsing switches scripts). It would be
awesome to provide a barely minimal and downsized package for mobile
clients (which I'm now focused), as an example.

One thing I was
thinking: is there any ICU flag that I could disable during compiling
that doesn't affect Webkit behaviours? I'm asking this because after (or
even) webkit's own lib, ICU's the bigger one (~21Mb in Windows -- I'm
still working to get it's release lib on mobile).

My best regards and
thanks again,

Richard.

<richard at humantech.com.br>:

>> Thanks Andras! I'm sorry for my DLL
list. We already rips *d.dll from the distrib :) I was wondering if
print or qml or quick or sensors are really necessary for webkit to work

> That depends only on what your application uses and what are
requirements of your application.
> Basically it means that you can
safely throw away most of plugins, keeping platforms/qwindows.dll
> and
probably imageformats qjpeg.dll, qgif.dll, qpng.dll. If you find you
missing some functionality,