[webkit-qt] QML2 WebView behaviour

Keith Kyzivat keith.kyzivat at nokia.com
Wed Mar 28 04:04:02 PDT 2012

On 03/28/2012 01:01 PM, ext Allan Sandfeld Jensen wrote:
> On Tuesday 27 March 2012, simon.hausmann at nokia.com wrote:
>> What do you think?
>>

> While having a consistent webview would be an ideal solution, the very
> different ways the webview behave in touch and desktop mode, simply doesn't
> make it possible currently. We _could_ have an ambition about making the
> interface flexible enough to do both, but I think we are currently very far
> from making that possible.
>
> There is a lot of things that would need to be fixed for the touch-interface
> before we can dump the idea of a separate desktop mode.

Can you list out some of the things that would need to be fixed/reasons for keeping a desktop mode around?

If we don't do it now, I think it won't ever get done.

BTW Simon -- I agree to just about every one of your points.

~Keith
Keith "Keithel" Kyzivat     | mailto: keith.kyzivat at nokia.com
Senior SW Engineer, Browser | callto: +1 (978) 821-7115
Nokia, MP Development       | sendto: 5 Wayside Rd.