[webkit-qt] QML2 WebView behaviour

Allan Sandfeld Jensen kde at carewolf.com
Wed Mar 28 04:01:32 PDT 2012

On Tuesday 27 March 2012, simon.hausmann at nokia.com wrote:
> What do you think?

While having a consistent webview would be an ideal solution, the very
different ways the webview behave in touch and desktop mode, simply doesn't
make it possible currently. We _could_ have an ambition about making the
interface flexible enough to do both, but I think we are currently very far
from making that possible.

There is a lot of things that would need to be fixed for the touch-interface
before we can dump the idea of a separate desktop mode.

I guess what I am saying is, as an ambition: Yes. As a decision at this point:
No.

Regards
`Allan