[webkit-qt] About the fonts used for QtWebKit tests

Balazs Kelemen kbalazs at webkit.org
Sat Jul 7 14:43:33 PDT 2012

On 07/06/2012 06:45 PM, Osztrogonac Csaba wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I generated png and txt results on my Ubuntu 11.10 with latest Qt5 and
> WK1
> for all tests skipped by https://trac.webkit.org/changeset/121971 .
>
> You can download them from here:
> - http://build.webkit.sed.hu/x/r121970-with-old-testfonts.tar.gz
> - http://build.webkit.sed.hu/x/r121972-with-new-testfonts.tar.gz
>
> We only need a good tool to help our manual work. :) For example
> a simple script generates a html file contains old and new pngs
> and a simple js to be able to go to the next/previous test, etc.
>
> Let's continue with manual checking and unskipping next week. ;-)
> I think we can start checking these results one by one and unskip correct
> tests and check-in their png and txt result to platform/qt directory. And
> then we should add qt-4.8, qt-5.0-wk2 specific results if it is needed.
>
> br,
> Ossy

Are we sure we need pixel results at the moment? For Qt 4.8 it seems to
be unvaluable to me, I don't expect anybody want to do pixel testing
with 4.8. WebKit2 is another problem, because a reliable pixel testing
infrastructure is just under progression. Maybe the new mechanism with
window snapshots will produce slightly different results, in which case
we would have to rebase the results again. I propose not to consider
pixel results as a mandatory part of this rebasing process. Ossy?