[webkit-qt] About the fonts used for QtWebKit tests

noam.rosenthal at nokia.com noam.rosenthal at nokia.com
Sat Jul 7 23:05:07 PDT 2012

From: webkit-qt-bounces at lists.webkit.org [webkit-qt-bounces at lists.webkit.org] on behalf of ext Balazs Kelemen
> Are we sure we need pixel results at the moment? For Qt 4.8 it seems to
> be unvaluable to me, I don't expect anybody want to do pixel testing
> with 4.8. WebKit2 is another problem, because a reliable pixel testing
> infrastructure is just under progression. Maybe the new mechanism with
> window snapshots will produce slightly different results, in which case
> we would have to rebase the results again. I propose not to consider
> pixel results as a mandatory part of this rebasing process.

This makes sense to me.
Committing a massive amounts of PNGs should be done after we've decided what we want to do with them.
I propose we finish this rebase with text results only, then finish switching to the window-snapshot mechanism for the pixel results, and meanwhile figure out our pixel testing/gardening strategy - e.g. pick one bot (webkit2-linux) that continuously runs pixel tests and keep its results current, continuously gardening/skipping whatever gets broken to keep track of pixel regressions.

Once we have the strategy in place, the rebaseline text results from the current effort, and the window-snapshot mechanism, we should then rebaseline the PNGs.

No'am