[webkit-qt] kde-qt-webkit

Allan Sandfeld Jensen kde at carewolf.com
Mon Apr 30 02:16:59 PDT 2012

On Thursday 26 April 2012, Andrea Diamantini wrote:
> I did not understand the problem with qt cookiejar. Can you please
> elaborate a bit?

KDE integrates the KIO and KDE cookie-jar into QtWebKit by setting a custom
QNetworkAccessManager and QNetworkCookieJar.

The problem is that WebKit trunk now also overloads the default
QNetworkCookieJar with one using SQLLite. This overload means the KDE
overloaded version is no longer used.

See Source/WebCore/platform/qt/CookieJarQt.cpp and
Source/WebCore/platform/qt/CookieJarKDE.cpp in my tree.

Code like this is the reason I moved KdeWebKit into the tree. My plan is to
not build a QtWebKit library, but if possible make KdeWebKit link statically
against this QtWebKit for KDE build.

`Allan