[webkit-qt] kde-qt-webkit

Andrea Diamantini adjam7 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 26 10:41:43 PDT 2012

On Wednesday 25 April 2012 11:02:52 Allan Sandfeld Jensen wrote:
> On Wednesday 25 April 2012, Allan Sandfeld Jensen wrote:
> > On Wednesday 25 April 2012, Andrea Diamantini wrote:
> > > Hi all,
> > > I'm here to announce the will to work on an unofficial branch of
> > > qtwebkit, living on gitorious as
> > > https://gitorious.org/~adjam/webkit/kde-qt-webkit.
> >
> > Oh cool. Btw, I have a similar project at
> > git://gitorious.org/~carewolf/webkit/kdewebkit.git
> >
> > Mostly just an import of kdewebkit from kdelibs to qtwebkit trunk and
> > ensuring they build together. I use it to be able to run trunk webkit in
> > KDE :)
>
> Let me get the web link: https://gitorious.org/~carewolf/webkit/kdewebkit
>
> One more think: I have one patch to webcore here. This is because trunk
> WebKit does not use the global QNetWork Cookie-Jar anymore, so my branch
> contains a replacement for the Qt-platform cookie-jar implementation that
> uses the KDE cookie-jar directly. Without this trunk WebKit will not
> integrate with KDE anymore.
>
> The problem with this of-course is that when compiled for KDE QtWebKit now
> changes internal behaviour.
>
> `Allan

Hi Allan,
nice to hear there are these things :D
But... let me understand... you are doing this just to run webkit trunk with
KDE?
So, you had to:
- merge kdelibs/kdewebkit inside qtwebkit code
- disable kdewebkit in kdelibs compile
- build your copy after kdelibs
- rebuild plasma and all libs depending on kdewebkit...
... should not be easier to just use webkit trunk instead and just ensure it
continues to work as usual?

I did not understand the problem with qt cookiejar. Can you please elaborate a
bit?

Andrea Diamantini, adjam

rekonq project
WEB: http://rekonq.kde.org