[webkit-qt] kde-qt-webkit

Jesus Sanchez-Palencia jesus at webkit.org
Wed Apr 25 07:08:22 PDT 2012

Hi! It's always nice to see more and more stuff coming out of QtWebKit.

On Tue, Apr 24, 2012 at 9:09 PM, Andrea Diamantini <adjam7 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Given qtwebkit devs intention to no more develop the WebKit1 bits of the qt
> port and considering the needs of kde webkit browsers (you may know I'm just
> developing one), I decided to try working a bit on it with some minimal
> targets.
> In my idea, kde-qt-webkit releases should be drop-in replacement for the
> qtwebkit lib provided with qt 4.x, so that we can i.e. compile kdewebkit
> against this new library without problems. In fact, no real kde integration
> will be provided (that is, kio and k- classes will continue living outside
> webkit code). At least for the qt4/kde4 release cycle.

I'm not a KDE contributor myself so I might be missing something here,
but I don't get this. If you say we have no more intention to develop
QtWebKit 1 and given that now Qt is under Open Governance, wouldn't
the solution being you guys stepping in and working on QtWebKit 1
trunk to get your patches upstream? In other words, why isn't KDE
interested in developing QtWebKit 1 instead of forking it to something
else?

Cheers!
jesus