[webkit-qt] prevent mainframe from scrolling

Felipe Crochik felipe at crochik.com
Thu Apr 12 18:34:52 PDT 2012

Is there a way to prevent the mainframe from scrolling?

I would have hopped that by setting the QWebSettings::FrameFlatteningEnabled
attribute the scrollrequests would not have any effect on the mainframe.
Some web sites (e.g. gmail, google+) try to change the scroll position
using javascript. And even without showing any scrollbars the "mainframe"
is scrolled "getting out" of the QGraphicsWebView.

Is there any way to prevent this? Ideally I would like to keep receiving
the "scrollRequested" events from the page so I can adjust the "flickable
position" accordingly but they should not any effect on how the "mainframe"
is rendered on the graphics view.

The best I managed so far is to set a timer when my page receives the
scrollRequest event that will trigger resetting the scroll position to 0 on
the mainframe. Can't imagine that there isn't a better way...

BTW, I am looking for a solution using Qt 4.7.4 on Symbian and Harmattan.

Thanks in advance
Felipe