[webkit-qt] prevent mainframe from scrolling

Kenneth Rohde Christiansen kenneth.christiansen at gmail.com
Fri Apr 13 02:57:55 PDT 2012

I suppose your are not using resizesToContents then? Because if you are not
WebCore will scroll the content for you.

Kenneth

On Fri, Apr 13, 2012 at 3:34 AM, Felipe Crochik <felipe at crochik.com> wrote:

> Is there a way to prevent the mainframe from scrolling?
>
> I would have hopped that by setting the QWebSettings::FrameFlatteningEnabled
> attribute the scrollrequests would not have any effect on the mainframe.
> Some web sites (e.g. gmail, google+) try to change the scroll position
> using javascript. And even without showing any scrollbars the "mainframe"
> is scrolled "getting out" of the QGraphicsWebView.
>
> Is there any way to prevent this? Ideally I would like to keep receiving
> the "scrollRequested" events from the page so I can adjust the "flickable
> position" accordingly but they should not any effect on how the "mainframe"
> is rendered on the graphics view.
>
> The best I managed so far is to set a timer when my page receives the
> scrollRequest event that will trigger resetting the scroll position to 0 on
> the mainframe. Can't imagine that there isn't a better way...
>
> BTW, I am looking for a solution using Qt 4.7.4 on Symbian and Harmattan.
>
> Thanks in advance
> Felipe

Kenneth Rohde Christiansen
Senior Engineer
Nokia Mobile Phones, Browser / WebKit team
Phone  +45 4093 0598 / E-mail kenneth at webkit. <http://gmail.com>org

http://codeposts.blogspot.com ﹆﹆﹆