[webkit-qt] Build Qt WebKit for Harmattan

Kenneth Rohde Christiansen kenneth.christiansen at gmail.com
Mon Apr 9 07:16:27 PDT 2012

Hi there,

Harmattan comes with two webkit libraries. The Qt4.x / WebKit1 version
which is part of the framework and a specialized version (based on WebKit2)
only available for the browser. It is possible to run WebKit2 on Harmattan
but it requires Qt 5.x. The team behind the snowshoe.cc browser are
packaging Qt 5 packages for Harmattan and hang around in #qtwebkit and
#showshoe on freenode.net.

Cheers,
Kenneth

On Sun, Apr 8, 2012 at 3:35 AM, Felipe Crochik <felipe at crochik.com> wrote:

> I have noticed that Harmattan PR1.2 shows version 2.2 for libqtqwebkit4. I
> remember reading the discussion about the WebKit x qt Webkit versions but
> can't remember the details. Does 2.2.0 version means it includes WebKit2?
> If so, since the SDK repository was not updated (the SDK version is still
> 2.1) how can I get the development version of the package so I can build
> against it?
>
> Or.... I would like to build my own version of WebKit2 to distribute with
> my application but can't find instructions. Is it possible (Harmattan has
> Qt 4.7.4)? I believe Grob (the webkit based browser on Harmattan) uses
> WebKit2 so I would assume it is...
>
> p.s. Before PR1.2 I could use QGraphicsWebView::setResizesToContentswithout issues. The same application after PR1.2 will enter a endless loop
> when the page resizes its content based on the size of the window. I had
> noticed the same behavior on Windows but it doesn't happen on Symbian and
> didn't happen before PR1.2.
>
> Thanks,
> Felipe

Kenneth Rohde Christiansen
Senior Engineer
Nokia Mobile Phones, Browser / WebKit team
Phone  +45 4093 0598 / E-mail kenneth at webkit. <http://gmail.com>org

http://codeposts.blogspot.com ﹆﹆﹆