[webkit-qt] Build Qt WebKit for Harmattan

Felipe Crochik felipe at crochik.com
Sat Apr 7 18:35:22 PDT 2012

I have noticed that Harmattan PR1.2 shows version 2.2 for libqtqwebkit4. I
remember reading the discussion about the WebKit x qt Webkit versions but
can't remember the details. Does 2.2.0 version means it includes WebKit2?
If so, since the SDK repository was not updated (the SDK version is still
2.1) how can I get the development version of the package so I can build
against it?

Or.... I would like to build my own version of WebKit2 to distribute with
my application but can't find instructions. Is it possible (Harmattan has
Qt 4.7.4)? I believe Grob (the webkit based browser on Harmattan) uses
WebKit2 so I would assume it is...

p.s. Before PR1.2 I could use
QGraphicsWebView::setResizesToContentswithout issues. The same
application after PR1.2 will enter a endless loop
when the page resizes its content based on the size of the window. I had
noticed the same behavior on Windows but it doesn't happen on Symbian and
didn't happen before PR1.2.

Thanks,
Felipe