[webkit-qt] [announce] QtWebKit-2.2 tp1

Benjamin Poulain benjamin.poulain at nokia.com
Thu May 19 06:50:56 PDT 2011

On 05/19/2011 03:09 PM, ext Srinivas Rao M Hamse wrote:
> Finally I am able to `git checkout qtwebkit-2.2-tp1` sources and able to
> build for i386 platform, using build-webkit script.
>
> My question are:
>
> 1. Can i build qtwebkit-2.2-tp1 (or in general any qtwebkit2.x) along
> with QT4.7's SDK build tree.

Yep. Qt 2.1 and 2.2 works with Qt 4.7. Qt 2.2 also supports Qt 4.8.

> This means can i *just* replace src/3rdparty/webkit/ folder of QT4.7 SDK
> sources and try to build it, will this work ?

Bad idea. :)
You should build WebKit as usual (build-webkit --qt --release|--debug)
and then use "make install" in the object directory
(WebKitBuild/Release|Debug)

> 2. Do you have any integration document with which we can achieve
> building Webkit2.2 releases along-with QT4.7 SDK ?

The Wiki has instructions on how to build WebKit on various platform:
http://trac.webkit.org/wiki/QtWebKit

Please ask questions on the mailing list if you have issues not covered
by the wiki.

cheers,
Benjamin