[webkit-qt] [announce] QtWebKit-2.2 tp1

Srinivas Rao M Hamse msrinirao at gmail.com
Thu May 19 06:09:23 PDT 2011

Hi QtWebkittians,

Finally I am able to `git checkout qtwebkit-2.2-tp1` sources and able to
build for i386 platform, using build-webkit script.

My question are:

1. Can i build qtwebkit-2.2-tp1 (or in general any qtwebkit2.x) along with
QT4.7's SDK build tree.
This means can i *just* replace src/3rdparty/webkit/ folder of QT4.7 SDK
sources and try to build it, will this work ?

2. Do you have any integration document with which we can achieve building
Webkit2.2 releases along-with QT4.7 SDK ?

I checked previous (following) threads in the mailing list, but couldn't
find an answer for it.

https://lists.webkit.org/pipermail/webkit-qt/2010-March/000204.html

Please help.

regards,
Srinivas Rao M  Hamse <http://msrinirao.blogspot.com>

On Wed, May 11, 2011 at 1:30 AM, Ademar Reis <ademar.reis at openbossa.org>wrote:

> On Tue, May 10, 2011 at 4:41 PM, Ademar Reis <ademar.reis at openbossa.org>
> wrote:
> > Hi QtWebKittens!
> >
> > Now it's for real: QtWebKit-2.2 has been tagged as TP-1
> > (qtwebkit-2.2-tp1 @
> > http://gitorious.org/+qtwebkit-developers/webkit/qtwebkit).
> >
> > This is our first official TP of QtWebKit-2.2. It's a new, fresh
> > branch from trunk and includes a large number of new features,
> > enhancements and fixes when compared to both QtWebKit-2.0 (qt-4.7) and
> > QtWebKit-2.1.x. QtWebKit-2.2 will be supported on all major desktop
> > and mobile platforms and will be part of the next Qt official release
> > and Qt-SDK.
>
> As we have no control of the Qt and the Qt-SDK release processes, it
> should read "[...]will *probably* be part of the next Qt official
> release and Qt-SDK".
> </pedantic> :-)
>

> > This tag has passed through basic tests (build + navigation on a few
> > websites) on Linux Desktop, Linux Embedded, Windows XP (32), Windows 7
> > (32) and OSX 10.6 (Snow Leopard). We strongly encourage everybody who
> > is interested in QtWebKit to clone the repository and run tests on
> > their environments, reporting any issue on this mailing list, IRC or
> > bugzilla.
> >
> > Information about the QtWebKit-2.2 release, including a roadmap, build
> > instructions and misc links are on the release wiki:
> > http://trac.webkit.org/wiki/QtWebKitRelease22 (wiki edits are
> > welcome).
> >
> > We don't have pre-build binaries at this moment. If you're a packager
> > and is able to prepare packages for your favorite Linux distribution
> > or windows flavor, please consider sharing them with us. :-)
> >
> > Happy hacking and happy testing!
> >
> > Cheers,
> >   - Ademar
> >
> > --
> > Ademar de Souza Reis Jr. <ademar.reis at openbossa.org>
> > OpenBossa - Instituto Nokia de Tecnologia
> >

> --
> Ademar de Souza Reis Jr. <ademar.reis at openbossa.org>
> OpenBossa - Instituto Nokia de Tecnologia

Srinivas Rao M  Hamse