[webkit-qt] Adding inline spell checking to webkit-qt

benjamin.poulain at nokia.com benjamin.poulain at nokia.com
Sat Jan 8 18:33:07 PST 2011

> Making progress, have implemented the error line (cribbed from the cairo
> platform)

Great.

> On Wed, 5 Jan 2011 10:41:11 PM Benjamin Poulain wrote:
> > For the interface with sonnet, I think that should be done via a new
> > platform plugin (QWebKitPlatformPlugin) for spell checking.
> > Anyone has an opinion on the API?
>
> Wouldn't this depend on the web browser enabling plugins, whcih is all or
> nothing? I'm thinking of cases like rekonq where plugins can be optionally
> loaded - useful when they are a bit crash prone, e.g the nsplugin wrapper.
>
> But that would mean spell checking would be disabled.

Platform plugins have nothing to do with netscape plugins. It is an extension system of Qt created to expose some features provided by the platform (like GPL localization, device orientation, etc).

I don't think there is any platform plugin for desktop yet, it has been used mostly for embedded.

cheers,
Benjamin