[webkit-qt] qtwebkit and arora

Benjamin Poulain benjamin.poulain at nokia.com
Wed Feb 9 03:06:08 PST 2011

Hi,

On 02/09/2011 11:16 AM, ext Toon Vandendries wrote:
> I have plans to compile win32 releases of arora
> Having build several builds as of now,
> I have some questions about qtwebkit and windows
>
> I've read on the blog of qtwebkit that the 2.1
> is specifically designed for symbian
> Is that the same for 2.1.x?
>
> Will windows still be supported on future releases?

I think that was a bit of misscommmunication on our side there.

We are _not_ dropping support for Windows. QtWebKit 2.1 and 2.1.x are
sub-releases that are unfortunatelly only tested on Symbian. They
probably works fine on Windows bug it has not been tested properly.

The release of WebKit that will be in the next Qt will be tested on
Windows as we usually do. (Note that our bots also build WebKit trunk on
Windows: http://build.webkit.org/waterfall?category=core )

In the team, Jocelyn is our Windows magician. If you have problems on
this platform, feel free to come on IRC and I am sure he will help you.

> for building qtwebkit 2.0 I had to build webkit seperatly
> When I build qt4.7 with webkit 2.0 I get javascript errors.
> Should I post this
> as a qt bug or a qt webkit bug?
>
> I want to know this if I want to continue compiling releases

Qt 4.7 already have QtWebKit 2.0, you should not have to use the branch
from gitorious.

About where to report errors, it depends what does not compile. If it is
the webkit branch from gitorious, it goes on bugs.webkit.org. If it is
the webkit integrated into Qt (src/3rdparty/webkit) it also goes on
webkit.org.
If it is the branch of JavascriptCore integrated to Qt
(src/3rdparty/javascriptcore), that should go on the Qt bug tracker.

cheers,
Benjamin