[webkit-help] Regarding Writing about WebKit's Architecture for Research Paper

Alex Xandra Albert Sim alex.sim at mikroskil.ac.id
Tue Apr 14 01:44:55 PDT 2015

Hello,

I am a newbie researcher interested in writing a research paper about
browser engine's architecture. There's already papers written about
this, for example:

http://grosskurth.ca/papers/browser-refarch.pdf
http://grosskurth.ca/papers/browser-archevol-20060619.pdf

but it's for older browsers. I am planning on writing papers for a more
modern architecture like the current (and next) Webkit, Servo, etc. As I
understand by searching from this and other mailing list, Webkit have no
documented architecture other than the code (CMIIW).

My question is, is it ok if I write one paper regarding this,
documenting WebKit's architecture in the process? And if it is OK,
should I ask question about the architecture here or on webkit-dev when
I have question?

Thank you very much.

--

Salam,