[webkit-help] First time trying to compile WebKit on Ubuntu -- not going well

Osztrogonác Csaba oszi at inf.u-szeged.hu
Sun Mar 2 10:11:30 PST 2014

Hi,

I suggest you should use at least Ubuntu 12.10 instead of 12.04.
Because on 12.04 the default GCC is 4.6 which isn't enough nowadays,
you need at least 4.7 version. And there isn't official libtiff5-dev
package on 12.04 which is needed for update-webkitgtk-libs script.

On 12.10 it's so easy to build WebKitGTK+:
- Tools/gtk/install-dependencies
- Tools/Scripts/update-webkitgtk-libs
- Tools/Scripts/build-webkit --gtk

Ossy