[webkit-help] Do I really need to install wget, tar, gawk and bzip2 for building webkit on Cygwin?

Moon lzl124631x at 163.com
Tue Jan 7 14:29:31 PST 2014

Hi there,
I'm trying to build webkit on Win7 & VS2013. In the last requisite step of "Installing the Developer Tools", I ran the script apt-cyg and got the message "You must install wget, tar, gawk and bzip2 to use apt-cyg". But the cygwin the webkit team provided (cygwin-downloader.zip) doesn't include these tools.
Before taking a step, I want to ask do I really need to install these tools? Did the webkit team provide any alternative way?

Best Regards,
Liu Zhenglai