[webkit-help] Webkit2 debugging on MAC using Xcode

Benjamin Poulain benjamin at webkit.org
Wed Oct 2 23:45:59 PDT 2013

On 10/2/13, 11:14 PM, Abhijeet Kandalkar wrote:
> I have modified the code in WebCore and Webkit layer. The changes are
> working fine with Webkit But now I want to port same code into Webkit2.
> I have figured out files needs to be modified for WebKit2 porting, now I
> want to debug changes.
>
> Specifically, Control flow is from Context menu to the WebCore(let say
> Save image context menu flow).Since UIProcess and WebProcess both are
> involved,
> How could I debug it ?

For the contextual menu, the UIProcess side is pretty thin, you probably
don't need anything fancy.

On the content side, the only process involved in this case is the
WebProcess. To debug:
1) Start your test app (e.g. MiniBrowser or Safari).
2) Open your WebKit workspace.
3) Attach to your WebProcess (Debug menu->Attach to process).