[webkit-help] WinCairo Build system and other bits

Leonardo Carneiro leonardo at unity3d.com
Tue Jan 17 06:01:22 PST 2012

Hi Brent!

Once more, thanks for you replies :)

On Tue, Jan 17, 2012 at 1:21 AM, Brent Fulgham <bfulgham at gmail.com> wrote:

> A recent project change did not get properly added to the WinCairo
> debug target, which caused this problem.  I just checked in a fix
> (thanks for noticing this!), and everything builds properly as of
> r105103.  This got missed because I only run a Release build bot now,
> and had not updated my sources under Debug (until today).

Cool, I'll get those updates :)

> > date. The project now builds and compiles, but when using the
> WinLauncher to
> > access google for instance, I get a Crash on JSCell
> > (\Source\JavaScriptCore\runtime\JSCell.h) line 315. I'm still debugging
> this
> > issue...
>
> I'm not seeing this problem with my build today.  Do I need to be
> executing any particular kind of search or interacting with something
> on the Google page?

No, just google's initial page was already crashing, It seems that any page
containing JS is crashing here. But maybe my Debug is not properly
configured yet, I'll be updating the source and checking on this again.

> Attached is a patch that fixes the Debug_Cairo_CFLite project. I am not
> sure
> > exatcly how to submit the patch...
>
> In the future, just go to http://bugs.webkit.org and write a bug
> describing the problem and attaching the patch.

Yeah I need to get into the webkit collaboration workflow, thanks for the
tip, next time, that's what I'll be doing ;)

> > Regarding the Inspector, I could be wrong, but I can't find the
> > ENABLE_INSPECTOR directive in any of the .vsprops... And when debugging
> the
> > project, through Visual Studio, the IDE shows the contents inside a #if
> > ENABLE(INSPECTOR) greyed out... and when inspecting a element using the
> > WinLauncher project, I get a crash. But I am still investigating this
> > part...
>
> If the menu item is appearing, ENABLE_INSPECTOR is enabled.

Hmm that's good to know! The WebInspector is supposed to work in the
WinLauncher project 'out of the box' right?

> Does the folder with your WebKit.dll have the WebKit.resources,
> JavaScriptCore.resources, and CFLite.resources folders?  There are
> various settings and resources in these folders that are needed to run
> the inspector.  It sounds as though these folders may not exist in
> your build for some reason.

Yeah, I have all the folders in place. But again, it could be the outdated
Debug playing its tricks...

I'll report back after getting the updated Projects, and some more tests.

Thanks,
Leonardo Carneiro