[webkit-help] WinCairo Build system and other bits

Brent Fulgham bfulgham at gmail.com
Mon Jan 16 16:21:30 PST 2012

Hi Leonardo,

On Mon, Jan 16, 2012 at 7:18 AM, Leonardo Carneiro <leonardo at unity3d.com> wrote:
> I was trying to build the Debug_Cairo_CFLite, but I was getting these
> linking errors and a few more:
> DLLLauncherMain.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol
> __imp__PathAppendW at 8 referenced in function _wWinMain at 16

A recent project change did not get properly added to the WinCairo
debug target, which caused this problem.  I just checked in a fix
(thanks for noticing this!), and everything builds properly as of
r105103.  This got missed because I only run a Release build bot now,
and had not updated my sources under Debug (until today).

> date. The project now builds and compiles, but when using the WinLauncher to
> access google for instance, I get a Crash on JSCell
> (\Source\JavaScriptCore\runtime\JSCell.h) line 315. I'm still debugging this
> issue...

I'm not seeing this problem with my build today.  Do I need to be
executing any particular kind of search or interacting with something
on the Google page?

Please note that I recently updated the WinCairo requirements
libraries to use the current CFLite sources, which may be coming into
play in some of your testing.

> Attached is a patch that fixes the Debug_Cairo_CFLite project. I am not sure
> exatcly how to submit the patch...

In the future, just go to http://bugs.webkit.org and write a bug
describing the problem and attaching the patch.

> Regarding the Inspector, I could be wrong, but I can't find the
> ENABLE_INSPECTOR directive in any of the .vsprops... And when debugging the
> project, through Visual Studio, the IDE shows the contents inside a #if
> ENABLE(INSPECTOR) greyed out... and when inspecting a element using the
> WinLauncher project, I get a crash. But I am still investigating this
> part...

If the menu item is appearing, ENABLE_INSPECTOR is enabled.

Does the folder with your WebKit.dll have the WebKit.resources,
JavaScriptCore.resources, and CFLite.resources folders?  There are
various settings and resources in these folders that are needed to run
the inspector.  It sounds as though these folders may not exist in
your build for some reason.

Thanks,

-Brent