[webkit-help] Running WebKit Cario on WinXP

Brent Fulgham bfulgham at gmail.com
Fri Jul 22 13:23:20 PDT 2011

Hi,,

On Thu, Jul 21, 2011 at 8:16 PM, Brent Fulgham <bfulgham at gmail.com> wrote:
> This may be due to my build of libcURL; it looks like there is some confusion about the build settings in that project,
> which allow some Vista-specific features to be enabled by default.  I'll try to take a look at it tomorrow and see if the versioning is set properly.

I rechecked the VS2005 builds, and can confirm that libcurl and the
other support libraries were all built for Windows XP or newer; none
are bound to the WSAPoll entry point to the ws2_32.dll.

It looks like WebKit itself is referencing this symbol; this may be a
recent change as I know of other WinCairo users on Windows XP who are
running without problems.

I'll look into the project settings and see if something changed.

-Brent