[webkit-help] Error in building, with cairo and pixman

Aneesh Bhasin contact.aneesh at gmail.com
Tue Jul 12 02:55:05 PDT 2011

Hi..

On Tue, Jul 12, 2011 at 2:02 PM, Stanislas <stanworld at gmail.com> wrote:
> I resolved,
> the problem was a precense of pixman0.16 in /usr/lib and pixman0.18.4
> in /usr/local/lib
> the link was wrongly done in the compilation of cairo
> thanks to the tool "ldd" that allows me to discover the dependencies.
> i resolved to keep only one version of pixman; the most recent.

In case you do need to keep two versions of a library (e.g. if they
are not backward compatible, and different apps want different library
versions), you can use LD_LIBRARY_PATH and PKG_CONFIG_PATH to pick the
right one when compiling/running your applications.

So, in your specific case, you could have set :
$> export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/lib:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH
$>export PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/usr/local/lib/pkgconfig:$PKG_CONFIG_PATH

hope that helps..

regards,
Aneesh