[webkit-help] Error in building, with cairo and pixman

Stanislas stanworld at gmail.com
Tue Jul 12 01:32:16 PDT 2011

I resolved,
the problem was a precense of pixman0.16 in /usr/lib and pixman0.18.4
in /usr/local/lib
the link was wrongly done in the compilation of cairo
thanks to the tool "ldd" that allows me to discover the dependencies.
i resolved to keep only one version of pixman; the most recent.

Thanks

2011/7/11 Stanislas <stanworld at gmail.com>:
> it is true,
> but how i can resolve that ?
> since i simply installed pakage pixman and cairo,
> , why the link is incorrectly done ?
>

> 2011/7/11 Umesh Singh <sumeshfirst at gmail.com>:
>> Hello Stanislas,
>>                        There is clearly linking problem, please check the
>> status of these symbols in the mentioned cairo 's .so (library), these
>> symbols should be marked as 'U', which means the linking to correct library
>> is not done.
>> Regards,
>> Umesh
>>
>> On Mon, Jul 11, 2011 at 2:03 PM, Stanislas <stanworld at gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> HEllo ,
>>>
>>> After trying build with ./Tools/Script/build-webkit --gtk , i got this
>>> error :
>>>
>>> CXXLD  libWebCore.la
>>>  CXXLD  libWebCoreGtk.la
>>>  CXXLD  libWebCoreInternals.la
>>>  CXXLD  Programs/ImageDiff
>>>  CXXLD  libjavascriptcoregtk-1.0.la
>>>  CCLD   Programs/minidom
>>>  CXXLD  Programs/jsc-1
>>> /usr/local/lib/libcairo.so: undefined reference to
>>> `pixman_image_composite32'
>>> /usr/local/lib/libcairo.so: undefined reference to
>>> `pixman_image_fill_boxes'
>>> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
>>> make[1]: *** [Programs/ImageDiff] Erreur 1
>>> make[1]: *** Attente des tâches non terminées....