[webkit-help] how to build webkit on Fedora 10 (2)

demallien demallien at me.com
Thu Apr 28 07:25:06 PDT 2011

Hummm, ok, firstly, if we do have dependencies on the xxx-dev packages, why aren't they in the configure.ac???

Secondly, in this case that doesn't appear to be the error - rather pkg-config doesn't seem to be finding 'enchant.pc'.  It being Fedora, I'm going to bet on enchant having been installed outside the standard /usr location.

Morihisa, did you install enchant through the package manager, or by hand?  If you installed it yourself from sources, it normally gets installed to /usr/local, not /usr.  In which case you need to add the following lines to your .bash_profile so that pkg-config can find it:

PKG_CONFIG_PATH=$PKG_CONFIG_PATH:/usr/local/lib/pkgconfig
export PKG_CONFIG_PATH

Hope that helps,

Alli

Message: 1