[webkit-help] Compiling webkit version WebKit-r69918 on cygwin

NARAYANAN MURALIDHARAN-KDHB46 murali.n at motorola.com
Thu Oct 21 03:35:16 PDT 2010

I have a few questions, appreciate your help.

- I am having problem to compile WebKit version WebKit-r69918 on cygwin.
Not tried on Windows yet though I have downloaded all files and patches
to run it on Windows. On compilation in cygwin, it says the
WebKitSupportLibrary.zip is out of date and needs update. However, even
after update I get the same error. What should I do?

- I read from mailing list that Windows uses upto 2 G memory during link
step. Does that mean that after linking the WebKit code size (with
attached libraries) are upto 2G in code size?

- What is the difference in the SOURCE from nightly code location
(http://nightly.webkit.org/) and SOURCE from
(http://nightly.webkit.org/files/WebKit-SVN-source.tar.bz2
<http://nightly.webkit.org/files/WebKit-SVN-source.tar.bz2> ) that is
updated every 6 hours. The SOURCE from the 2 different locations are
significantly different in sizes, 16 MB as compared to 700 MB in the
tar.bz2 file.

Thanks for any help extended.
Murali