[webkit-help] Compiling webkit version WebKit-r69918 on cygwin

Chris Hatko chatko at gmail.com
Thu Oct 21 06:25:00 PDT 2010

If you are running out of memory in release mode, you can disable whole
program optimization. I found that unless you are running a 64bit windows
this condition can occur regularly.

Do so by changing the VS setting under WebCore ->  C/C++
->Optimization->Whole Program Optimization (/GL)

And no, memory is taken up during linking stage, but final dlls are small.

Chris