[webkit-help] Questions on Webkit compliation on Windows

Adam Roben aroben at apple.com
Tue Nov 23 07:22:44 PST 2010

On Nov 23, 2010, at 5:42 AM, Muralidharan Narayanan wrote:

> Any suggestions about what to do for my error with regards to ".....msimg32.dll ignored; no imports found from msimg32.dll…."

This is harmless and expected.

> This is the full link error
>
> > WebCore_debug.lib(
> RenderingAllInOne.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp___CrtDbgReportW referenced in function "public: class std::_Temp_iterator & __thiscall std::_Temp_iterator::operator=(class WebCore::RenderLayer * const &)" (??4?$_Temp_iterator at PAVRenderLayer@WebCore@@@std@@QAEAAV01 at ABQAVRenderLayer@WebCore@@@Z)
> >
> > WebCore_debug.lib(Gradient.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp___CrtDbgReportW
> > WebCore_debug.lib(CSSFontSelector.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp___CrtDbgReportW
> > WebCore_debug.lib(CSSGradientValue.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp___CrtDbgReportW

MSDN says that _CrtDbgReportW is only available in the debug C runtime. Calls to it are usually guarded by #ifdef _DEBUG, which should only be true when building against the debug C runtime. It seems that you have somehow ended up with _DEBUG defined but you're linking against the release C runtime. I'm not sure how that might have happened. Maybe you have some local changes to the .vcproj/.vsprops files?

-Adam