[webkit-help] Windows build errors (CFLite_debug.lib not found and more)

Hochmuth, Roland M roland.hochmuth at hp.com
Thu Jul 29 10:25:04 PDT 2010

Hi Alex, I tried your suggestion below regarding downloading the requirements.zip file. That got be a bit further. Thanks! Unfortunately, I'm still not completely up and running, but some projects are building.

There were several Resource files, such as JavaScriptCore.rx, WebKit2.rc, WebProcess.rc that I needed to modify. Several strings, such as  __VERSION_MAJOR__, that were used to define other values were not defined. I ended up hard-coding for FILE_VERSION, PRODUCTVERSION.

Several files required "cairo.h" which was in "requirements/include/cario". I added this directory in addition to the include path "requirements/include" that you mentioned below.

In WinLauncher I needed to change a compiler option from treat compiler warning as errors to treat as warning.

Right now everything in JavaScriptCore is building.

I'm still running into problems with a bunch of projects. For example, in WebCore Folder QTMovieWin fails with

------ Build started: Project: QTMovieWin, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------
Performing Pre-Build Event...
/usr/bin/bash
cygwin warning:
  MS-DOS style path detected: C:\cygwin\home\Administrator\WebKit\WebKitBuild\buildfailed
  Preferred POSIX equivalent is: /home/Administrator/WebKit/WebKitBuild/buildfailed
  CYGWIN environment variable option "nodosfilewarning" turns off this warning.
  Consult the user's guide for more details about POSIX paths:
    http://cygwin.com/cygwin-ug-net/using.html#using-pathnames
Project : error PRJ0002 : Error result 1 returned from 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\cmd.exe'.
Build log was saved at "file://C:\cygwin\home\Administrator\WebKit\WebKitBuild\obj\QTMovieWin\Debug\BuildLog.htm"
QTMovieWin - 1 error(s), 0 warning(s)
========== Build: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========

WebCore and WebKit built. However, WebKit2Generated and WebCoreGenerated failed. There are also some files in WebKitTools that are failing with the same error as above. I did not run dos2unix on any files as the error above doesn't seem to match what was described on the webkit WEB pages.

It seems like I'm still missing a step in the configuration to get everything built. If you or anyone has any additional suggestions that would be great.

Regards --Roland

Alexander Shulgin alexander.shulgin at yessoftware.com <mailto:webkit-help%40lists.webkit.org?Subject=Re%3A%20%5Bwebkit-help%5D%20Windows%20build%20errors%20%28CFLite_debug.lib%20not%20found%0A%20and%09more%29&In-Reply-To=%3C4C503D99.2060600%40yessoftware.com%3E>
Wed Jul 28 07:24:25 PDT 2010