[webkit-help] Windows build errors (CFLite_debug.lib not found and more)

Hochmuth, Roland M roland.hochmuth at hp.com
Wed Jul 28 07:09:20 PDT 2010

Hi, I'm trying to build webkit (cairo build with -debug and -cairo-win32 options) on Windows XP and running into these errors.

------ Build started: Project: JavaScriptCore, Configuration: Debug_CFLite Win32 ------
Performing Pre-Build Event...
/usr/bin/bash
Performing Pre-Link Event...
        1 file(s) copied.
        1 file(s) copied.
Linking...
LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file 'CFLite_debug.lib'
Build log was saved at "file://c:\cygwin\home\Administrator\WebKit\WebKitBuild\obj\JavaScriptCore\Debug_CFLite\BuildLog.htm<file:///c:\cygwin\home\Administrator\WebKit\WebKitBuild\obj\JavaScriptCore\Debug_CFLite\BuildLog.htm>"
JavaScriptCore - 1 error(s), 0 warning(s)

------ Build started: Project: WebCoreGenerated, Configuration: cairo Win32 ------
Performing Makefile project actions
/usr/bin/bash
Project : error PRJ0002 : Error result 1 returned from 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\cmd.exe'.
Build log was saved at "file://c:\cygwin\home\Administrator\WebKit\WebKitBuild\obj\WebCoreGenerated\cairo\BuildLog.htm<file:///c:\cygwin\home\Administrator\WebKit\WebKitBuild\obj\WebCoreGenerated\cairo\BuildLog.htm>"
WebCoreGenerated - 1 error(s), 0 warning(s)

I believe that I've done everything according to the documentation on the web site for building webkit. I've even created a completely brand new Windows XP virtual machine from scratch and installed Visual Studio 2005 along with all the patches, cygwin, svn, QuickTime SDK, Windows 7 SDK, ... Environment variables for WEBKITLIBRARIESDIR and WEBKITOUTPUTDIR are set.

The build I'm grabbing is directly from the subversion source. I've also run update-webkit, update-webkit-auxliary-libs, update-webkit-support-libs

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I should try next?

Regards --Roland