[webkit-help] isOverLink() function in android-webkit

Vivek Satpute vivekonline86 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 1 23:58:19 PST 2010

Hi Ariya,

On Tue, Feb 2, 2010 at 1:45 AM, Ariya Hidayat <ariya.hidayat at gmail.com>wrote:

> > I want to know the logic of isOverLink() that on which basis it returns
> true
> > or false. How it decides that
> > click is over link ? Does it use (x,y)  co-ordinates of clicked area to
> take
> > decision ?
>
> If you bother to check m_hitTestResult, you'll find out that it is an
> instance of HitTestResult, which of course already stores hit test
> result (surprised!). You can set a breakpoint in the HitTestResult
> constructor to see who creates it (there are few places, from event
> handling to selection logic). You can also have a look at
> RenderLayer::hitTest() function.
>
> I tried to debug it with gdb, for that I changed Makefile to compile webkit
with -g option, again
added flag '-g' to  global_cflags in GNUmakefile.in. Still, gdb is not able
to insert breakpoint. Any hints
fot this ?  I know this is not the mailing-list to ask question related to
gdb. Sorry for that.

> > Then I could not find out function definition of above  get() function
> calls.
>
> You give up to early. Hint: m_innerURLElement's type is RefPtr<Element>.
>
> I did not give up. I know that  m_innerURLElement's type is
RefPtr<Element>, but in definition
of Element class which is in WebCore/dom/Element.h/.cpp, there is no
function declaration/definition
for function get().

-Vivek