[webkit-help] isOverLink() function in android-webkit

Ariya Hidayat ariya.hidayat at gmail.com
Mon Feb 1 22:45:44 PST 2010

> I want to know the logic of isOverLink() that on which basis it returns true
> or false. How it decides that
> click is over link ? Does it use (x,y)  co-ordinates of clicked area to take
> decision ?

If you bother to check m_hitTestResult, you'll find out that it is an
instance of HitTestResult, which of course already stores hit test
result (surprised!). You can set a breakpoint in the HitTestResult
constructor to see who creates it (there are few places, from event
handling to selection logic). You can also have a look at
RenderLayer::hitTest() function.

> Then I could not find out function definition of above  get() function calls.

You give up to early. Hint: m_innerURLElement's type is RefPtr<Element>.

--
Ariya Hidayat
http://www.linkedin.com/in/ariyahidayat