[webkit-help] isOverLink() function in android-webkit

Vivek Satpute vivekonline86 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 1 19:30:42 PST 2010

Hi Ariya,

At first, thanks a lot for immediate reply.

On Mon, Feb 1, 2010 at 10:56 AM, Ariya Hidayat <ariya.hidayat at gmail.com>wrote:

> > When we do single click on webpage, webkit checks whether click is
> > occurred on URL/link or not ? To check this it uses isOverLink()
> > function. Can anyone please explain me, does this function consider
> > (x,y) co-ordinates of click to take decision ? I tried to look in code
> > but did not get it properly. How does isOverLink() function work ?
>
> Do you mean this super-simple function?
>
> bool MouseEventWithHitTestResults::isOverLink() const
> {
>    return m_hitTestResult.URLElement() &&
> m_hitTestResult.URLElement()->isLink();
> }
>
> What is exactly you don't understand about this function?
>
> I want to know the logic of isOverLink() that on which basis it returns
true or false. How it decides that
click is over link ? Does it use (x,y)  co-ordinates of clicked area to take
decision ?

Actually, I tried to dig up isOverLink() as follows:

isOverLink()

    |calls -

| calls -
m_hitTestResult.URLElement()
m_hitTestResult.URLElement()->isLink()

    |calls
-

m_innerURLElement.get()                                              Then
above isLink() always returns TRUE

Then I could not find out function definition
of above  get() function calls.

I am not getting the logic behind this. If I am wrong then please correct
me..

Thanks in advance,
Vivek

Or is it some other function?