[webkit-gtk] Build for GTK+2 with gcc 11.2

Michael Catanzaro mcatanzaro at gnome.org
Wed Feb 23 07:06:07 PST 2022

On Wed, Feb 23 2022 at 11:09:46 AM +0000, Frederick Virchanza Gotham
<cauldwell.thomas at gmail.com> wrote:
> I tried patching a file here and there in webkitgtk-2.4.11 but the
> list of compiler errors gets longer. Should I just use gcc version
> 4.9.4 (released in August 2016) to build webkitgtk-2.4.11 statically
> linked with the C++ standard library (i.e. link it with the flag
> -static-stdc++), and then switch back to gcc 11.2 to build everything
> else?

I wouldn't expect a static build to work at all, but certainly using an
older compiler seems more likely to be successful. You're on your own
going back this old... good luck.

I would encourage you to not use this build of WebKit to process any
web content that you did not create yourself.

Michael