[webkit-gtk] Hardware acceleration on raspberry pi 4 using buildroot.

Andrea Giammarchi andrea.giammarchi at gmail.com
Mon Jun 7 01:44:08 PDT 2021

Not sure if relevant, or a proper answer, 'cause I think there are no
bindings for Gtk (or maybe there are?) but the fastest browser for the Pi
(2, 3, 4) is WPEWebKit, which is HW accelerated.
To date, I've never managed to get nearly similar performance via
WebKit2-GTK: not CSS, not Canvas, even less WebGL, video are slow.

Maybe you can bootstrap COG and WPE a part? For all those cases I've
mentioned, it does an excellent job (30fps+ stable on full screen WebGL,
and excellent video playback + smooth CSS animations).