[webkit-gtk] WebKitGTK+ name

Adrian Perez de Castro aperez at igalia.com
Sat Feb 9 02:48:42 PST 2019

Hello,

On Fri, 08 Feb 2019 14:40:08 -0600, Michael Catanzaro <mcatanzaro at igalia.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Feb 8, 2019 at 10:02 AM, Michael Catanzaro
> <mcatanzaro at igalia.com> wrote:
>
> > The GTK+ project has been renamed to GTK. i.e. they've dropped the +.
> >
> > Shall we rename WebKitGTK+ to WebKitGTK? I think so?
>
> Here's the discussion:
>
> https://mail.gnome.org/archives/gtk-devel-list/2019-February/msg00000.html
>
> CC: Lucas, who just kindly renamed our Bugzilla product from "WebKit
> Gtk" to "WebKitGTK+". Seems it was bad timing. :P

I also think that dropping the “+” is fine and I do not expect controversy.

Something that I was wondering: Would it make sense to use “GTK WebKit” as
the name of the port? That would make it consistent with “Qt WebKit” and
“WPE WebKit”. On the other hand “WebKitGTK” (with or without the “+”) is
already a well-known name, so I am slightly more inclined towards keeping
it that way.

Cheers,

-Adrián