[webkit-gtk] Any way to analyze memory usage?

Tomas Popela tpopela at redhat.com
Mon Feb 4 22:53:01 PST 2019

Hi Brandon,

On Mon, Feb 4, 2019 at 7:37 PM Brandon Adkins <Badkins79 at msn.com> wrote:

> I am using WebKitGTK in a resource constrained Linux environment, with
> only about 1GB of memory. For the most part, it works great. However, there
> are a few websites out there that use an enormous amount of memory when
> viewed, which on their own can consume almost all memory, to the point that
> the Linux OOM killer will stop it.

What WebKitGTK+ version are you using? Can you please share the websites
links (if they're not private) that trigger these issues? Other devs will
probably be interested in them.

I want to do some digging to see what specifically is eating up all the
> memory on these pages. Is there a way to find out how much of WebKit's
> memory usage is made up of cache, graphics surfaces, etc?

If you use at least WebKitGTK+ 2.16 (you should), then please look at
Carlos' blog post -
https://blogs.igalia.com/carlosgc/2017/03/20/webkitgtk-2-16/ and the
section about Debugging tools.

Bye,