[webkit-gtk] Any way to analyze memory usage?

Brandon Adkins Badkins79 at msn.com
Mon Feb 4 10:34:03 PST 2019

I am using WebKitGTK in a resource constrained Linux environment, with only about 1GB of memory. For the most part, it works great. However, there are a few websites out there that use an enormous amount of memory when viewed, which on their own can consume almost all memory, to the point that the Linux OOM killer will stop it.

I want to do some digging to see what specifically is eating up all the memory on these pages. Is there a way to find out how much of WebKit's memory usage is made up of cache, graphics surfaces, etc?

Thanks,
Brandon