[webkit-gtk] WebKitGTK+ 2.7.1 released!

Carlos Garcia Campos cgarcia at igalia.com
Tue Oct 28 23:45:01 PDT 2014

El mié, 29-10-2014 a las 12:19 +1300, Gavin Lambert escribió:
> On Wednesday, 29 October 2014, quoth Carlos Garcia Campos:
> >
> > What's new in the WebKitGTK+ 2.7.1 release?
> >
> >   - Add initial gestures support. For now only drag, zoom and tap
> >     gestures are supported, but it's enough to make WebKitGTK+ usable
> >     in touch screens. It requires GTK+ 3.14.
>
> Is there an option to disable these?  Configure-time or API?

No, it isn't, but we have just landed it, so we can add a way to disable
gestures somehow, either compile time or adding a new setting. Note that
gestures only work on real touch screens and when the touch screen is
used, the interaction with keyboard and mouse hasn't changed at all.

> Not that I'm likely to update to this version any time soon (I'm still
> in WebKit1, as mentioned previously), but I'm using WebKitGTK in a
> context where I'm quite happy that the zoom gesture in particular does
> not work.

Just out of curiosity, but what's that context where zoom gesture not
working is a good thing?

> (FWIW, tap and drag already worked with the touchscreen that I'm
> using.

Tap and drag work in WebKit1 using a recent enough GTK+ version, because
those features are implemented by GtkScrolledWindow.

--
Carlos Garcia Campos
http://pgp.rediris.es:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0xF3D322D0EC4582C3