[webkit-gtk] WebKitGTK+ 2.7.1 released!

Gavin Lambert gavinl at compacsort.com
Tue Oct 28 16:19:01 PDT 2014

On Wednesday, 29 October 2014, quoth Carlos Garcia Campos:

> What's new in the WebKitGTK+ 2.7.1 release?
>
>   - Add initial gestures support. For now only drag, zoom and tap
>     gestures are supported, but it's enough to make WebKitGTK+ usable
>     in touch screens. It requires GTK+ 3.14.

Is there an option to disable these?  Configure-time or API?

Not that I'm likely to update to this version any time soon (I'm still in WebKit1, as mentioned previously), but I'm using WebKitGTK in a context where I'm quite happy that the zoom gesture in particular does not work.

(FWIW, tap and drag already worked with the touchscreen that I'm using.  Although oddly right-click via EmulateThirdButton appears to have stopped working somewhere between 1.8.1 and 2.4.5, but as this was also Debian wheezy => jessie the fault may lie elsewhere.)