[webkit-gtk] CMake for WebKitGTK+

Jeremy Huddleston Sequoia jeremyhu at macports.org
Wed Mar 26 03:18:29 PDT 2014

On Mar 25, 2014, at 10:52, Martin Robinson <mrobinson at webkit.org> wrote:

> On Wed, Mar 5, 2014 at 7:30 PM, Martin Robinson <mrobinson at webkit.org> wrote:
>> For a time, I kindly request that authors writing GTK+-specific
>> patches consider both the autotools and CMake GTK+ builds in their
>> patches. Hopefully within the next couple months, we can announce the
>> complete removal of the autotools build. I'd like to apologize ahead
>> of time for the inconvenience, as we iron out the final bugs. With
>> luck, the future will be much simpler and smoother for everyone.
>
> After internal discussions, we decided to accelerate the removal of
> the autotools build. I have just removed it [1]. WebKit now has three
> build systems, which means we have shed five build systems in a little
> over a year.
>
> 1. http://trac.webkit.org/changeset/166239

Eeek.  I'm sorry I missed this email on 3/5, but I suspect this will not "just work" with darwin/gtk/quartz and darwin/gtk/x11 =/

I don't see anything cmake related in 2.4.0.  Am I missing something there?  It would really be useful to packagers like myself to have a release containing both build systems prior to its removal to iron out issues, compare builds, and and have a fallback in the interim.

--Jeremy