[webkit-gtk] [webkit-dev] CMake for WebKitGTK+

Filip Pizlo fpizlo at apple.com
Tue Mar 25 10:57:35 PDT 2014

Wow, that's awesome!

Do you guys have any write-ups on what it took to do the transition?  It might help us understand CMake better when/if we ever want to transition anything else to CMake.

-Phil

On March 25, 2014 at 10:52:48 AM, Martin Robinson (mrobinson at webkit.org) wrote:

On Wed, Mar 5, 2014 at 7:30 PM, Martin Robinson <mrobinson at webkit.org> wrote:
> For a time, I kindly request that authors writing GTK+-specific
> patches consider both the autotools and CMake GTK+ builds in their
> patches. Hopefully within the next couple months, we can announce the
> complete removal of the autotools build. I'd like to apologize ahead
> of time for the inconvenience, as we iron out the final bugs. With
> luck, the future will be much simpler and smoother for everyone.

After internal discussions, we decided to accelerate the removal of
the autotools build. I have just removed it [1]. WebKit now has three
build systems, which means we have shed five build systems in a little
over a year.

1. http://trac.webkit.org/changeset/166239

--Martin