[webkit-gtk] XPath evaluation problem

Niranjan Rao nhrdls at gmail.com
Thu Jan 9 16:49:47 PST 2014

On Webkit GTK 2,  2.2.3 / Ubuntu 64 bit.

Either I am having complete brain freeze and can not figure out what I
am doing wrong or there is something going on in the code when xpath
contains attributes. Weired thing is it works on web inspector but does
not work when called programmatically.

XPath I am trying is very simple //div[@class]. On http://www.google.com
this returns 12 elements in web inspector. Same call when made using
webkit_dom_document_evaluate returns 0. As a test I created a small test
page with just two divs, one has class and one does not. //div[@class]
returns 0 elements and //div returns two elements. If I walk through
elements from the list of "//div" call, and get attributes, I get class
attribute back.

So the query is right, at least based on web inspector and firebug "$x"
calls. But does not work with evaluate function in code. Code seems to
be ok, so long as I don't use attributes.

Is this a bug or I am missing something?

Regards,

Niranjan