[webkit-gtk] Styling the embedded media player

Manuel Quiñones manuq at laptop.org
Fri Apr 12 10:57:20 PDT 2013

Hi devs,

webkit1 here using pygobject bindings (wanting to go for webkit2 but not yet)

I'm trying to style the embedded media player because the buttons look
too narrow for our device (olpc laptop), specially for touchscreen
interaction.  I think Epiphany can benefit from this too.

What I did so far was injecting CSS through webview_execute_script and
replaced the styles here:
- http://trac.webkit.org/browser/trunk/Source/WebCore/css/mediaControls.css
- http://trac.webkit.org/browser/trunk/Source/WebCore/css/mediaControlsGtk.css

Current state:

http://bugs.sugarlabs.org/attachment/ticket/4465/Screenshot%20of%20%2522Untitled%2522.png

So I did the buttons bigger but couldn't resize the graphics inside
them.  I don't see any definition for this in the CSS, but I see they
use -webkit-appearance and then I came into this convesation:

https://lists.webkit.org/pipermail/webkit-dev/2011-April/016593.html

So is this possible at the moment?  Thanks,

--
.. manuq ..