[webkit-gtk] Documentation of webkit gtk - getting confused

Gustavo Noronha Silva gns at gnome.org
Tue Apr 2 10:49:38 PDT 2013

Hey,

On Ter, 2013-04-02 at 10:28 -0700, Niranjan Rao wrote:
> I use webkitgtk.org as primary documentation source for Webkit GTK
> documentation. Until few days back link for stable webview
> documentation was going to url
> http://webkitgtk.org/reference/webkitgtk/stable/webkitgtk-webkitwebview.html. Now it seems to be going to http://webkitgtk.org/reference/webkit2gtk/stable/WebKitWebView.html.

That's because the WebKit2GTK+ API - the API for the WebKit2-powered
version of WebKitGTK+ - is now the preferred one for new users of the
library.

> 1. Which version of documentation should I be referring to? If its
> current documentation as the site points, do we still support other
> signals in the new release.

You are using the old API, which is now in maintenance mode, to be
deprecated in the near future. In the webkitgtk.org page you can find
the docs for those under the link that says "WebKit1 API Reference for
developers". Here's the direct link:

http://webkitgtk.org/reference/webkitgtk/stable/index.html

> 2. Is there any place where I can see the documentation for objects
> such as DOMHTMLElement or other such objects exposed by webkit

Unfortunately not yet =(

Cheers,

--
Gustavo Noronha Silva <gns at gnome.org>