[webkit-gtk] Documentation of webkit gtk - getting confused

Niranjan Rao nhrdls at gmail.com
Tue Apr 2 10:28:12 PDT 2013

I use webkitgtk.org as primary documentation source for Webkit GTK
documentation. Until few days back link for stable webview documentation
was going to url
http://webkitgtk.org/reference/webkitgtk/stable/webkitgtk-webkitwebview.html.
Now it seems to be going to
http://webkitgtk.org/reference/webkit2gtk/stable/WebKitWebView.html.

I also saw email from Carlos Campos about new release on March 31st. So
I assume the changes are done with the documentation because of new
release. However signals seem to be totally different in previous and
new version. Both the links are directly accessible however older link
is not referred to anywhere on documentation page on webkitgtk.org site.

1. Which version of documentation should I be referring to? If its
current documentation as the site points, do we still support other
signals in the new release.

Older documentation says WebKitWebView
<http://webkitgtk.org/reference/webkitgtk/stable/webkitgtk-webkitwebview.html#WebKitWebView>
is the central class of the WebKitGTK+ API and newer documentation says
WebKitWebView
<http://webkitgtk.org/reference/webkit2gtk/stable/WebKitWebView.html> is
the central class of the WebKit2GTK+ API. So the newer version has
explicit version number.

2. Is there any place where I can see the documentation for objects such
as DOMHTMLElement or other such objects exposed by webkit

Can someone please clarify.

Thanks,

Niranjan