[webkit-gtk] execvp: /bin/bash: Argument list too long

Vellemans, Noel Noel.Vellemans at visionBMS.com
Sun Oct 21 23:30:13 PDT 2012

Hi Chris,

I've tried all possible work-a-rounds I could find on the web (even the
ones described on your site).
NONE of them seemed to work (for me).

So I've ended up with patching make, this did work.

Thanks for the responses).

Regards Noel

-----Original Message-----
From: Chris Leonard [mailto:cjlhomeaddress at gmail.com]
Sent: 19Oct12 16:51
To: Vellemans, Noel
Cc: webkit-gtk at lists.webkit.org
Subject: Re: [webkit-gtk] execvp: /bin/bash: Argument list too long

On Fri, Oct 19, 2012 at 10:12 AM, Vellemans, Noel
<Noel.Vellemans at visionbms.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>

> Posted this question before (for another release of Webkit, but I was
> 'off-line' for some days and in the main time a new WebKitGtk was
> released, so bumping the question once more...
>

> Cross-compiling WebKitGtk for ARM (with buildroot)... Anyone who knows

> a workaround / solution ?
>

> libWebCore_la-glslang.lo
> DerivedSources/ANGLE/libWebCore_la-glslang_tab.lo
> make[2]: execvp: /bin/bash: Argument list too long
>

> Thanks, Regards Noel
>

> Note:  make V=1 and/or  -disable-silent-rules as found in some other
> posts does not help.

I'm sorry I can't necessarily answer your specific cross-compliation
questions, but it may help to know that WebKitGTK+ does successfully
compile for ARM and is used in the Sugar Browse Activity on the
ARM-based XO-1.75 and XO-4 OLPC laptops and can be found as a package in
the Fedora repos.

webkitgtk-1.10.0-1.fc18.armv7hl
webkitgtk3-1.10.0-2.fc18.armv7hl

Off hand, I cannot confirm that this was done with cross-compliling.