[webkit-gtk] execvp: /bin/bash: Argument list too long

Chris Leonard cjlhomeaddress at gmail.com
Fri Oct 19 07:50:55 PDT 2012

On Fri, Oct 19, 2012 at 10:12 AM, Vellemans, Noel
<Noel.Vellemans at visionbms.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>

> Posted this question before (for another release of Webkit, but I was
> 'off-line' for some days and in the main time a new WebKitGtk was
> released, so bumping the question once more...
>

> Cross-compiling WebKitGtk for ARM (with buildroot)... Anyone who knows a
> workaround / solution ?
>

> libWebCore_la-glslang.lo
> DerivedSources/ANGLE/libWebCore_la-glslang_tab.lo
> make[2]: execvp: /bin/bash: Argument list too long
>

> Thanks, Regards Noel
>

> Note:  make V=1 and/or  -disable-silent-rules as found in some other
> posts does not help.

I'm sorry I can't necessarily answer your specific cross-compliation
questions, but it may help to know that WebKitGTK+ does successfully
compile for ARM and is used in the Sugar Browse Activity on the
ARM-based XO-1.75 and XO-4 OLPC laptops and can be found as a package
in the Fedora repos.

webkitgtk-1.10.0-1.fc18.armv7hl
webkitgtk3-1.10.0-2.fc18.armv7hl

Off hand, I cannot confirm that this was done with cross-compliling.